Credit Utlisation - employment credit check

CBat
CBat Posts: 20
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 16 December 2023 at 10:41AM in Employment, jobseeking & training
I've been made a job offer for a company in financial services and they will complete a credit check as part of their background checks. I'm concerned because I have a high credit utilisation on some of my credit cards (3 of 5). I also have a large ish loan which was taken out to do work on the house when I mmovedlast year.
I have no CCJ's or missed payments, but I'm worried this may risk my new role. 

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 9,967
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    CBat said:
    I've been made a job offer for a company in financial services and they will complete a credit check as part of their background checks. I'm concerned because I have a high credit utilisation on some of my credit cards (3 of 5). I also have a large ish loan which was taken out to do work on the house when I mmovedlast year.
    I have no CCJ's or missed payments, but I'm worried this may risk my new role. 

Unless the credit check shows high levels of debt you are unlikely to be able to service, as opposed to responsible use of credit/borrowing, it's very unlikely to risk your new job.

CBat said:

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Probably quite a lot of people, but without knowing the specifics/the attitude of their potential employers, war stories aren't going to be relevant here.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback