Fake accounts

Really sick of all the fake accounts saying congratulations winner. Tiresome

Comments

• Katxx2023
    Katxx2023 Posts: 18
    First Post
    Forumite
    hi, as a newbie how do you know if if it is a fake account or not, sorry that’s probably been asked 100 times before.  I received one today and I assume it’s not, it’s from Boots but in dollars? So assume this is fake? Thanks for your help.
  • Samjade97
    Samjade97 Posts: 1,564
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you have won something they don't normally ask you to do a survey and it would come from the company running the comp
    May 23 - Guava & Gold body wash and lotion
    July 23 - £200 TU voucher, Corruption of chaos by Ambrose Parry
    Dec 23 - Face mask, Face Wash, Silk pillowcase, Silk eye mask, Cedarwood Heart Fragrance
    Jan 24 - Carling Bar Kit
    Feb 24 - Heart Shaped Pancake Pan
  • Shellwin
    Shellwin Posts: 22
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    That they are not using your name is a giveaway, also if they use part of your email address..  You can google "scam emails from (insert company)" At the moment I am getting loads, not from Temu - lol. Block, but they still come ........
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,864
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    For some reason lots of scammers seem to use Oral B as the prize to sucker people in, certainly on scam emails.

• Katxx2023
    Katxx2023 Posts: 18
    First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you everyone, I did google the website initially and it didn’t come up with anything so screen shot it and left it as I assumed it was a scam. Never mind. Always next time 🤞
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,864
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Katxx2023 said:
    Thank you everyone, I did google the website initially and it didn’t come up with anything so screen shot it and left it as I assumed it was a scam. Never mind. Always next time 🤞
    Just see at the bottom there is an "offer expires in" timer  - they are almost always suspect if not outright scams
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback