Disabled and David Lloyd

Options
Hello!

I saw few threads about DL but can't find the answer.

I am disabled and I am a member of DL off peak membership for £65 pm (Scotland).

I use only swimming pool and I try to go once a week but sometimes that is not even possible.

I have membership for my toddler daughter as well but every time I drop her for the classes I need to explain to them why I am there out of my hours.

I was trying to check if I join them via mygymdiscount or the likes I would get the same price but full time benefit- DL advisor via the chat couldn't tell me what would be the price then.

I can't drive. By public transport the nearest pool is 1h each way. 

Is there any way I can check if there is something I can do join it full time at a corporate rate and how much will I pay then?
I don't understand why they are so difficult in terms of pricing.

Any insight will be much appreciated

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The  mygymdiscount  website states you may get up to 25% discount on full membership price.

That sounds as if it would not apply to the off peak price.

Also it is up to  so it will depend on the gym what discount they offer.

If you are only dropping your daughter off why are they asking why you are there out of your hours?  Are you using the facilities?

• Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!

I saw few threads about DL but can't find the answer.

I am disabled and I am a member of DL off peak membership for £65 pm (Scotland).

I use only swimming pool and I try to go once a week but sometimes that is not even possible.

I have membership for my toddler daughter as well but every time I drop her for the classes I need to explain to them why I am there out of my hours.

I was trying to check if I join them via mygymdiscount or the likes I would get the same price but full time benefit- DL advisor via the chat couldn't tell me what would be the price then.

I can't drive. By public transport the nearest pool is 1h each way. 

Is there any way I can check if there is something I can do join it full time at a corporate rate and how much will I pay then?
    I don't understand why they are so difficult in terms of pricing.

Any insight will be much appreciated
    When taking your daughter for the swimming class, do you also "tap in" (or whatever the process is at DL)?  

I would have expected that there are often parents / guardians taking juniors for swimming lessons where the accompanying adult is not a member of the gym.  If this is outside your membership hours, can you simply go as a parent and not "tap in"?  After all, you are not a member at those hours. 
  • When I am dropping my daughter I need to pass the gate so have to scan the card. I scan her first then mine. I am not using the facilities but waiting outside the venue in case she decides she wants home, so I am not using any facilities at the time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback