How much will you spend in total on Christmas this year?

Options
Poll started 12 December 2023

The festive season is the highest spending period of the year for most people. But many could be spending less than usual this year because of the cost of living crisis. So this week we want to know – including food, drink, decorations, presents, travel and more – how much are you planning to spend on Christmas this year, and is it more or less than you would typically spend?

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• mr_stripey
    Options
    Probably just under a grand for me. I only have two sons to buy for (no other real family to speak of) and budgeted about £ 300 each for them. Need to buy something for their mum too (reluctantly!) from them.

Going to Christmas dinner at friends so need to make a contribution there (wine, beer etc) and some nice treats for home.

I have budgeted this much though and had it saved up so it's relatively guilt free!

• pseudodox
    pseudodox Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 December 2023 at 7:38PM
    Options
    Bah Humbug!

Nothing, unless you count giving a donation to charity in lieu of the cards, pressies & overpriced food I will not be buying.  Friends & I agreed on this strategy several years ago. I will eat "normal" meals & not drink anything I wouldn't normally drink.  Christmas Day will be a hike in the hills with sandwiches & a flask of soup.  Bliss!

Seems the poll does not cater for Mr Scrooge!
  • Saver73
    Saver73 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nothing for me either!

Unless you count the two tubs of chocs and extra milk....

• belle_de_jour
    Options
    pseudodox said:

Seems the poll does not cater for Mr Scrooge!
    Or for Ms Grinch!  About a dozen cards sent to rellies I inherited from my mum's Christmas card list otherwise I just ignore the whole thing.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback