Joules

Not really much to do with money saving but last year I looked for a nice Christmas jumper and settled on a Joules one, unfortunately it's a little bit small in the sleeve. I just want to check if my memory is correct because I like to shop ethically when it's not insanely expensive and last year I'm sure that they were pretty good in the ethics department but this year I've noticed that they were in trouble last year and ended up getting bought out by Next, this seems to have tanked their rating in the Good shopping guide but I can't find anything out about their previous good reputation, did I make it up?

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 8,907
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Depends which ethics you are interested in. Pre-insolvency almost all their products were made in China and so will never win top marks on the environmental side due to shipping. I don't recall them having any particular promises around how their supplier's staff are treated or remunerated 
  • Depends which ethics you are interested in. Pre-insolvency almost all their products were made in China and so will never win top marks on the environmental side due to shipping. I don't recall them having any particular promises around how their supplier's staff are treated or remunerated 
    Yeah that's true the labels do all say made in China. Not sure where I got this idea. 
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 8,907
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They kind of felt as if they should be being twee English country style and lots of images of families taking dog for a walk in the country but it maybe they were more akin to the colonial barons 
  • They kind of felt as if they should be being twee English country style and lots of images of families taking dog for a walk in the country but it maybe they were more akin to the colonial barons 
    Yeah, they were definitely pretty twee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure