House of Fraser £50 off Black Friday Vouchers - "in the post"?

Options
Hi - first time posting :) .  Did anyone else purchase online from House of Fraser with their Black Friday deal for a £50 voucher when you meet their qualifying spend?  The T&Cs said the voucher would be delivered on the latter of: when your product was received or on 5th December.  They since moved that deadline to 10th Dec (citing high volume of sales) but no sign of a voucher here.  I now see in previous years people have had a similar problem. Meanwhile my e-mail is being bombarded with House of Fraser sales promotions emails.  This feels like a cheap marketing ploy and I'm wondering if I've been taken in?  Has anyone else received a voucher under this scheme?  Thanks in advance.
Apteryx      

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 December 2023 at 7:19PM
    Options
    Did you meet all the t&c’s? 

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

you say that the voucher would be delivered on the latter of: when your product was received or on 5th December.  

But it actually says: 

THE VOUCHER WILL BE ISSUED USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS USED TO MAKE THE QUALIFYING SPEND ON THE WEBSITE OR APP AND WILL BE ISSUED ON THE LATER OF EITHER (I) DISPATCH OF YOUR ORDER, (II) WHEN YOU HAVE COLLECTED YOUR ORDER (FOR CLICK AND COLLECT PURCHASES), OR (II) WITHIN ONE MONTH OF THE END OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bcdn
    Options
    I am in the same position. I spoke to them on live chat in November when I placed the order as it didn't state in the T&C's that the voucher wouldn't be delivered until 5th (10th at the latest), but they assured me that I would get it by 10th December. I have tried Live chat yesterday and today (they just cut you off mid-conversation), Facebook messenger (no reply once I told them it was about the voucher) and email (replied with a generic email saying I would receive it on 10th December (this was on 11th December!)). There is obviously a problem as all platforms are avoiding replying. Next stop...Citizens Advice...
  • Apteryx
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    Did you meet all the t&c’s? 

you say that the voucher would be delivered on the latter of: when your product was received or on 5th December.  

But it actually says: 

THE VOUCHER WILL BE ISSUED USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS USED TO MAKE THE QUALIFYING SPEND ON THE WEBSITE OR APP AND WILL BE ISSUED ON THE LATER OF EITHER (I) DISPATCH OF YOUR ORDER, (II) WHEN YOU HAVE COLLECTED YOUR ORDER (FOR CLICK AND COLLECT PURCHASES), OR (II) WITHIN ONE MONTH OF THE END OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD.
    Thanks for your comment, yes I met all of the T&Cs (was paraphrasing in the interests of brevity). 
  • Apteryx
    Options
    bcdn said:
    I am in the same position. I spoke to them on live chat in November when I placed the order as it didn't state in the T&C's that the voucher wouldn't be delivered until 5th (10th at the latest), but they assured me that I would get it by 10th December. I have tried Live chat yesterday and today (they just cut you off mid-conversation), Facebook messenger (no reply once I told them it was about the voucher) and email (replied with a generic email saying I would receive it on 10th December (this was on 11th December!)). There is obviously a problem as all platforms are avoiding replying. Next stop...Citizens Advice...
    Thanks bcdn. I sent them an email on the 10th summarising my situation. Not sure if that made any difference and had no reply yet but I received my voucher yesterday. Hope you receive yours too! 
  • Mickyp62
    Options
    I'm in the same situation, I spent over £250 to qualify for the £50 gift voucher back in November. I've only just realised I've not recieved it yet at all, it's now the 18th December!.
    So I've just emailed House of Fraser inquiring to it's whereabouts. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback