Missed mortgag payment due to incorrect setting up of a DD

Hopeing you may be able to give me some advice on my problem.

I changed jobs earlier this year (End of April) and as a result my payment date changed. There fore we wanted to change our mortgage date from 23rd to 1st of each month. We contacted Nationwide and filled out the forms.

Nationwide then failed to set up a DD and so when the next month passed no payment wa taken. Nationwdie called us up to inform us that we had missed a months payment (not a whole month as the new payment should have been taken on 1 May instead of the 23 April). We were then charged for this call.

I went in to see th branch manager who was appologeic, he refunded the charges and we thought that was that.

Tonight I have applied for a virgin card, and on the phone they asked about any defaults, ccj's, misse dpayments recently. i explaind the story above but the guy would not confirm this was what they were seein gon his screen.

I have no other outstanding debts, no unauthorieed overdrafts, no credit card debts.

What would you advice I do to remedy the situati0n. I have requested my credit fil tonight by Credit Expert. Should I speak tot he manager and accuse Nationwide of not clearing back the missed payment from my records as it was there mistake?

Many thanks
Dave

Comments

• MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I shouldn't bother "accusing", but I should certainly ask Nationwide to correct the credit record if they have, indeed, recording this as a late payment.

I don't quite understand why it wasn't a whole month's payment you missed - if you change your monthly payment date from 23rd to 1st, it doesn't affect your liability to pay a full month's payment on the 1st - you don't just pay the 7/8 days in between as the payment on the 1st is for the whole month STARTING the 1st, not the period ENDING the 1st.
  • Nationwdie's policy is they should receive a payment each calander month. So we paid on 23 March, and missed Aprils' payment. They didn't infomr us that this would be the case, and so we paid 2 mortgage payments in May.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure