Buy A Gift.com

Options

I just wanted to raise awareness.   My sister, despite being a nurse and low wage; plus me telling her not to buy me gifts, bought me a Buy-a-Gift voucher box.    As the expiry was approaching, I thought it was time to use it.   I'm reasonably tech savvy, so the level of frustrations I experienced with trying to redeem it, I felt the best place for the voucher was the bin.   We only had £49 to spend, so we went for a meal for two at ASK Italian.   Simply put, we cannot redeem it.   Went round and round in circles with Customer Service.   You cannot write, email or call to complain.   The only option is via Chat option.   I've kept my transcript, and the customer service person could not resolve it.   They then suggested I pay £20 to extend it.   I pointed out it was an issue with their system, and they extended it for a further 12 months without a fee.   I was told it would be resolved and that I would receive an email shortly.   No email.   I tried to go onto the customer service Chat this morning, but they are closed due to staff training.   I would suggest people do not purchase these vouchers from Buy-a-Gift.com.   The narrow customer service options, for me, dictate the type of company you are dealing with.   It feels like a modern scam to me. 

The voucher will probably end up in the bin, it's not worth the time or frustrations.

Comments

• swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What was the problem when you tried to use the voucher at ASK Italian? Why could you not redeem the voucher.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback