We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Claiming Pension Credit
JombyWomby66
Posts: 2 Newbie
I wish you would get your figures correct !
You keep claiming that if your pension is under £220 you are likely to get PC.
This is totally wrong.
I have tried to claim as a single person with an income of £203 per week and I can get absolutely NOTHING.
So, why do you keep on leading with £220 ?
You keep claiming that if your pension is under £220 you are likely to get PC.
This is totally wrong.
I have tried to claim as a single person with an income of £203 per week and I can get absolutely NOTHING.
So, why do you keep on leading with £220 ?
1
Comments
-
jaanknee57outlook.com said:I wish you would get your figures correct !
You keep claiming that if your pension is under £220 you are likely to get PC.
This is totally wrong.
I have tried to claim as a single person with an income of £203 per week and I can get absolutely NOTHING.
So, why do you keep on leading with £220 ?Yes, I agree, these are the correct ammounts
Pension Credit tops up:
- your weekly income to £201.05 if you’re single
- your joint weekly income to £306.85 if you have a partner
0 -
I assume you are addressing this to Martin Lewis, he doesn't post here.
He mentioned this £220 point on his TV program today, apparently the £203 limit isn't absolute and can be higher depending on circumstances.
0 -
+1. On the show he made a specific point about that higher £220 figure and his reason for using that instead of the lower amount. Looks like a case of only hearing what you want to hear, something we see a lot of on here.TadleyBaggie said:I assume you are addressing this to Martin Lewis, he doesn't post here.
He mentioned this £220 point on his TV program today, apparently the £203 limit isn't absolute and can be higher depending on circumstances.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

