Redeeming Mortgage (Additional Borrowing Part)

Morning - first post… We have an additional borrowing mortgage (for kitchen works) taken out over 24 months. Simply put… do you need a solicitor and conveyancing to redeem/payoff this mortgage at the end of its term like you would do if you were doing the same for the normal base mortgage? I can’t find a straight answer as most of the info is around just a normal base mortgage (with deeds etc.). We have some funds available to pay it off so the SVR doesn’t kick in and without the need to remortgage or fix a rate. Obvisouly the base standard mortgage remains which is separate (but with the same lender) and isn’t up for remortgage until late 2025.

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,614
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Nope. It's part of the original charge so there is no legal work required; as there wasn't when you took this tranche of borrowing.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback