Change in Employment (secondment)


I recently started (in the last month) a new role within the same company that I work for, as a secondment opportunity. This will last 6 months, working the same hours but the pay is slightly better. Do I need to notify Universal credit of the change on my journal or as a change in my circumstances?

Many thanks for any advice,


  • You could add a note in your UC journal advising them of your temporary increase in earnings due to the secondment for the next 6 months but they will see what your earnings are in real time anyway via HMRC and adjust your UC entitlement accordingly depending on your earnings figure every month so personally I don't see the need for you to do anything assuming you are a PAYE employee and not self-employed. Hope this helps.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards