Back after a long break!

Hi all, 

I used to enter every competition possible for several years but then had a very long break for several years too.  I just started slowly again around August but have really ramped it up over the last couple of months.  However, I haven't won a sausage!  Lol.  I used to win on practically a daily basis.  Has comping changed that much?  Is it much harder to win anything these days?  Thanks!
Comping again after a break..... Bring on the wins!

Comments

• Yes            
    thanks to all posters

I've changed my facebook username to NOBODY so when I enter FB comps I press the "Like" button it will say NOBODY likes this
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,844
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome back!

Absolutely, I think it was slowly dwindling and more competitions went to smaller competitions and spread over the social media platforms. Lockdown seemed to be the big push of people starting to comp. 
    10 years ago I was winning around 8-10 competitions a month, I'm now lucky to win 1 or 2 a month.

The daily click to win comps were also probably around when you were here last. They were taken over but then ended up closing too.

Your best option for winning would be local based competitions or/and effort based competitions.

Best of luck!
    Advents are sooo close, so lots to enter usually in December.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • Ms_Dee said:
    Welcome back!

Absolutely, I think it was slowly dwindling and more competitions went to smaller competitions and spread over the social media platforms. Lockdown seemed to be the big push of people starting to comp. 
    10 years ago I was winning around 8-10 competitions a month, I'm now lucky to win 1 or 2 a month.

The daily click to win comps were also probably around when you were here last. They were taken over but then ended up closing too.

Your best option for winning would be local based competitions or/and effort based competitions.

Best of luck!
    Advents are sooo close, so lots to enter usually in December.
    Thank you Ms Dee....  

Yes, I once got a strain injury in my hand from doing the Advent comps!  lol.....    I'm wondering if some companies are also anti comper? And if they see you're a comper, they give to someone else?.....  Obviously, that only counts for the social media ones, but those are always the ones I won the most on.

Now it seems to be loads on Instagram, (which I never did) but barely any on Facebook, (which is where I used to win the most in the past).  I also used to win a lot on Twitter.... But nothing so far.

I'm surprised more compers keep going if they don't win anything, doesn't seem worthwhile so far!  I will see what happens.... 

Thanks!
    Comping again after a break..... Bring on the wins!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback