Sainsbury's pricing

2»

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 November 2023 at 6:06AM
    Brocade said:
    Yes of course subs happen on the day, but the point is that Tesco honour the price quoted for the hole of the meal deal or offer, but sainsbury doesn't.
    I stopped buying meal deals from Tesco as it wasn’t once ever honoured. 

In fact ridiculous subs were one of the reasons I stopped using Tesco. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • In my experience, if you want to be sure of the actual price you'll pay, then you need to use Waitrose or Ocado.  They both calculate the pro-rated price per item for offers like meal deals, and then substitutions are honoured at that price / missing items refunded leaving the partial discount on the rest of the items.  Of course, they charge higher prices in the first place.  What Sainsbury's does is perfectly legal but not acceptable to me as a shopper, so I only shop with them in-store.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback