Click Energy....any reviews ??

Options
I've been with SSE for my electricity since Jan 2022 and am thinking of changing to Click Energy. Current units on SSE's budget plan have just reduced from 37.94p to 35.28p however Click Energy currently have a 1 year fixed rate of 26.98p per unit. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this company ?

Comments

• Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 818 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been with them for about six months, no issues. Pros for us are the lower unit cost, and the choice of a variable direct debit instead of a 'budget plan'. The daily standing charge makes them more expensive for some people who use barely any electricity, but that's definitely not an issue with us. 
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Mnoee said:
    I've been with them for about six months, no issues. Pros for us are the lower unit cost, and the choice of a variable direct debit instead of a 'budget plan'. The daily standing charge makes them more expensive for some people who use barely any electricity, but that's definitely not an issue with us. 
    There is also the added perk of discounted gift cards
  • Mnoee
    Options
    I find Topgiftcards gives a better rate for the things I use regularly, but depends where you shop I guess. 
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 26 November 2023 at 11:54PM
    Options
    Mnoee said:
    I find Topgiftcards gives a better rate for the things I use regularly, but depends where you shop I guess. 
    What method do you use to purchase the gift cards as there is some suggestion there is a charge for CC
    Is there a list available of the discounts per supplier before sign up
    Is it cash back are a discount
    The reviews of the app would suggest there are issues with tracking the purchase resulting in having to make a claim which causes a delay
  • Mnoee
    Options
    35har1old said:
    Mnoee said:
    What method do you use to purchase the gift cards as there is some suggestion there is a charge for CC
    Is there a list available of the discounts per supplier before sign up
    Is it cash back are a discount
    The reviews of the app would suggest there are issues with tracking the purchase resulting in having to make a claim which causes a delay
    I use credit cards and have never been charged.
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/top-gift-cards/
    It's cashback. 
    I use the topcashback website as linked, as it says cashback isn't available through the app - never had a problem with tracking for them, but have with 'normal' cashback a few times. 

You'll get a joining bonus with a referral, MSE don't allow them to be posted anymore but I'm sure you can find one by googling. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback