Community Life Survey - legitimate?

Options
bugs
bugs Posts: 184 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 2 January at 10:44AM in Boost your income
We've received a letter labelled "On His Majesty's Service" with a return address for Kantar, the data/marketing company. The inside is full of reference numbers and job numbers and data, and I know that the Community Life Survey exists - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/community-life-survey-information-for-survey-participants

I'd be happy to take part if it's legitimate because I think data like this is important and it's good to get opinions from a random selection of people (though there will still be some self-selection on the people who decide to respond!). 

But I am increasingly paranoid about this kind of thing - I wondered if many other Forumites have received this kind of letter in the past and/or if there's any way to be sure I'm not falling for some elaborate scam? (nb it's addressed to The Resident, not by name - not sure that's better or worse!).

I was surprised not to find any discussions about this on MSE and would love some reassurance (or I'm happy with a "don't touch it with a bargepole" response, too!).
It is not the greatness of a man's means that makes him independent, so much as the smallness of his wants. (William Cobbett)

Comments

• tizerbelle
    tizerbelle Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are in anyway unsure about the legitimacy of the letter you have received, why not use the contact details on the .gov site to check

If you have been invited to take part in the survey and would like more information please contact the survey support team at:
    Tel: 0800 158 2952
    Email: Communitylifesurvey@kantarpublic.com

• Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Got the same letter, survey was legit - asked a lot of questions about local community/social issues & got the promised voucher.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport