Make £2024 in 2024

Comments

• SeekingFlight
    SeekingFlight Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I’d like to join again this year please 
    Oops forgot to add a target, can i please aim for £7000 this year as i need to up my game a bit
    Make £2024 in 2024 £374.71/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2000/£7000
  • CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    I’d like to join again this year please 
    Oops forgot to add a target, can i please aim for £7000 this year as i need to up my game a bit
    WOAH!!! Go on @SeekingFlight !!   B) That's a brilliant target! What did you make last year?
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• SeekingFlight
    SeekingFlight Posts: 168 Forumite
    @CMD79

£3090.36 from ebay, vinted etc 
    £1800.14 from my second business but i only ran it from June so i think it's achievable.
    £4890.80 total.

Its the same as my target for overpaying my mortgage I'm hoping they will even themselves out.

I only reported the first figure in the 2023 thread as i wasn't sure i was going to include the second business but, what the heck its easier to look at it all together. 
    Make £2024 in 2024 £374.71/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2000/£7000
  • Sibelius
    Sibelius Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please may I join in too?

I could really do with the motivation to keep track of my income boosts.

Thank you
  • emsybaby
    emsybaby Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What do you all report to HMRC? As in what is taxable? I know you get 1k trading allowance but obviously we're all aiming higher!
    £2024 in 2024
  • CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    @CMD79

£3090.36 from ebay, vinted etc 
    £1800.14 from my second business but i only ran it from June so i think it's achievable.
    £4890.80 total.

Its the same as my target for overpaying my mortgage I'm hoping they will even themselves out.

I only reported the first figure in the 2023 thread as i wasn't sure i was going to include the second business but, what the heck its easier to look at it all together. 
    That's incredible! Well done - good luck with 2024!
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,293 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Hello Everyone. I will be allocating numbers shortly. 
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Looking forward to starting this year's challenge. Surveys, premium bond wins and interest made up lots of last years challenge. 

Surveys this year I'm expecting to be less due to my job being so much busier.

We are trying to massively declutter this year so have some car boots planned, luckily we have a good year round car boot locally so no don't have to wait for the better weather.

I've taken up knitting and trying to do some crafting, hoping throughout the year I can build up some stock to sell before Christmas. 

Also have two saving pots, one 20p jar almost full, this is going to be quite a substantial sum that's been saved for many years - can I include this? I have no idea how I'm going to get it into the bank!! Was much easier to pay in when I started this 20p bottle. 
    Also have a ceramic money box that may reach capacity this year, same problem as above - estimated to be £1000. Second thoughts as this is what I've saved I don't think it can be counted??

A nice bonus in September is two help to save accounts that I pay into for my Husband and I. My OH has forgotten all about it so looks like I get the lot £1200 bonus ?🤣?

Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • pastmysellby
    pastmysellby Posts: 38 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    emsybaby said:
    What do you all report to HMRC? As in what is taxable? I know you get 1k trading allowance but obviously we're all aiming higher!
    I'm no expert but it would depend where the money came from.  Money from cashback sites isn't, as far as I know, taxable as it is classed as a discount.  Bank account interest will already be communicated by the bank to HMRC and they will tax anything over £1,000 (I think) unless you haven't reached the personal allowance threshold.  I think money from surveys is classed as taxable income but I've no idea if there is a threshold before you pay it.  I imagine selling anything you make comes under the trading allowance you mentioned.  I'm sure there will be people on here who can better answer your question although I'm sure the HMRC website will also have the info you want.
    Jan 2024 GC  £287.21/£350 
    Feb 2024 GC  £0.00    /£340 + £62.79 rolled over
    #21 Make £2024 in 2024 £58.64/£2024
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Popping it to catchup. Only a bit of interest so far this month. The end of last year was spent sorting my book and DVD hoard. I sold some but not many to the likes of Webibooks etc. It was not much but stuff has gone out of the house and that is great.

So targets this year:

1. Make the campervan cost neutral. About £1000 a year on insurance  and the usual costs plus some small upgrades. Doing this by selling stuff and occasionally using it to move people and things for a donation). Free teas and coffee money will be put in this pot
    2. Fill my savings pot to visit japan in 2025. Need about £3000 Selling my house full of clutter and valuables and reinvesting regular savings that are about to mature.
    3. Finally I am working on a huge savings pot to go travel the world in about 3 years with DH. Once the other two pots are full then I will work on that.

Last year I did well with wombling, interest earning from the banks, free food and taking advantage of offers, cashback, solar power earnings but also using using the solar in the day for washing etc. Not buying food out of the house. I have severely limited that now. Also we have used the Asda app to raise a ton of free money. In fact it totally paid for Christmas for two households. I have a bluelight card and DH a student card which we will use to get as many discounts as possible. 

Wish me luck  :)

Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback