Topcashback

Options
I've had a weird message from topcashback about them wanting to verify my activity.  Apparently they want to know " why you make such a high volume of Transactions? It is absolutely fine if you resell these items or purchase on behalf of a business, but if so could you provide a link or some details of where you resell or who you work for?" 

I don't consider that I have a madly high volume of transactions.  I mostly use it to book couriers as it is cheaper and easier than trekking to and queueing at the post office with kids in tow.  Probably 10-20 transactions a week and the cashback is a few pence per order.  And one or two other transactions a month.  I'd like to think that if I was scamming them, I would be doing a better job!

Has anyone else had similar and was it resolved?
On a mission.

Comments

• jamest88
    Options
    It will most likely be the affiliate (the courier) who is asking about it. The companies who are on topcashback know they have to be on there because if they don’t then people will pick a company who does offer cashback. The problem is when they aren’t winning a new customer or they think the customer would use them anyway they feel it is like throwing money away so it winds them up. Any reason to get out of
    paying the commission out they will take.

its probably an automated flag no matter what the commission amount just based on frequency.

I was once involved with running a cashback company and the amount of
    users who were purely signed up to game the system instead of using it the way it is designed was ming blowing. I’d say 20% of the users were just trying to find loopholes for extra cash. So I can see why topcashback might be extra cautious.

im sure if
    you explain the situation they will mark your account as genuine somehow and you won’t have any more communication from them
    Software developer
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure