Private dentist filling

Options
Hi 

I have just been to dentist and has some white fillings. There is a tooth near the front that I was concerned about as I felt like it was going to break because the cavity was getting bigger. She said she would do that one a long with two others that needed doing..

I have come come and realized the bottom of that upper tooth isn't like sort of rounded off smooth. It feels like there's still a little Gap and roughm the hole isn't as big but it is still there..

Do dentists not smooth out the bottom of the upper front tooth..
Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

Comments

• Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It is really easy to miss a little edge, or rough, or sharp bit when working in the mouth. The tongue is so sensitive and can tell such tiny changes, that it can be really hard to realise anything doesn't feel quite right immediately - and especially if your mouth is numb too. 

I always get the patients to have a good look and a good feel round with their tongue at the end to check things feel ok to them as well, but even then, bits are sometimes missed that don't come to light until a bit later.

So yes, dentists do try to make sure all parts of a filling are nice and smooth and decently shaped, but things can get missed, and if you ring up, they should get you back in and sort it out. 
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback