Documents

I achieved being mortgage free on my current house in February. The bank said that they'd be sending me some documents but it could take a while since there were a lot of people paying off their mortgages at that time. I feel like I should have had whatever they were going to send me by now. Does anyone know what they should be sending and why I might not have received this? Will be giving them a call but I want to know what I'm talking about first.

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 262
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Maybe it's the title deeds for your property.  Possibly a statement showing that the mortgage is paid off.  Since everything is electronic these the paperwork isn't too critical
  • Thanks. I'l check in with them just to make sure.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,120
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lumicat said:
    I achieved being mortgage free on my current house in February. The bank said that they'd be sending me some documents but it could take a while since there were a lot of people paying off their mortgages at that time. I feel like I should have had whatever they were going to send me by now. Does anyone know what they should be sending and why I might not have received this? Will be giving them a call but I want to know what I'm talking about first.
    Which bank was it? We paid off our Halifax mortgage also in Feb, we got a letter about a month later saying the mortgage account was closed. Nothing else, not that we were expecting anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback