Voluntary class 2 for just part of a year
Recently returned to UK (grew up here but left after finishing school) and have done a few Deliveroo shifts while looking for steady work. Just occurred to me that I can register as self employed.
If I start paying voluntary class 2 from now, with just over 4 months left in this tax year, is it enough to get full credit? I've seen the threshold expressed as an amount of money, but don't understand how that converts to weeks of voluntary contributions.
I suppose I'd be offered the chance to pay up the year if not, but that can be more expensive and I don't absolutely need this year on my record.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.4K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards