Tesco Clubcard

Options
petunia100
petunia100 Posts: 527 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 22 November 2023 at 2:57PM in Supermarket coupons
Every year I use mine and my two sons clubcard vouchers to buy RAC family cover. I have tried to do the same but it doesn't recognise my sons vouchers. Have things changed? Can you only use your own clubcard vouchers now?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to use the vouchers that came in for the previous owner of our house (returned post for 3 years and then said forget that and used the vouchers to buy stuff for the food bank) and that was never a problem.

Then a few years back some vouchers were received for my FiL just after he had died.  I tried to use them but was told no at the till saying it was no longer possible.  So presumably the rules changed a few years back and you've just been lucky up to now.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    @Brie said:
    I used to use the vouchers that came in for the previous owner of our house (returned post for 3 years and then said forget that and used the vouchers to buy stuff for the food bank) and that was never a problem.

Then a few years back some vouchers were received for my FiL just after he had died.  I tried to use them but was told no at the till saying it was no longer possible.  So presumably the rules changed a few years back and you've just been lucky up to now.
    It's a good job we don't know your name Brie  :).
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    @Brie said:
    It's a good job we don't know your name Brie  :).
    @dealyboy
    Now I'm tempted to give you a silly answer......ummmmm just call me Boris Johnson!!! Kidding!  Call me Cheddar!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback