We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Getting through to a human at HMRC
Green_hopeful
Posts: 1,470 Forumite
in Cutting tax
So I was waiting for a tax refund. I tried the web chat and the phone number but couldn’t get a human. I found on the HMRC customer forum that if you type adviser in the web chat it transfers you to a human instead of the robot. Very helpful. She was able to tell me what has happened to my application and when I might get the payment.
0
Comments
-
I've found that a lot of these web chatbots (for banks, utility comanies etc) will connect you through to a human if you type in something like 'I want to speak to a human' , although you may get put in a queue and told to wait0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
