Sainsbury's Nectar

Options
hackettblue
hackettblue Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 21 November 2023 at 12:12PM in Food shopping & groceries
I used my nectar points to the value of £124 to purchase on click and collect 3 days ago.  All went fine but this morning I've been notified that my order has been cancelled, good job I wasn't waiting for food!  Ok I thought, there's obviously a problem, I'll call in to store later and get the wine I ordered then.  Wrong - big problem.  I contacted the help chat to ask when my nectar points would be reinstated to my account.  I also noticed today that the double up promotion had started so all in all I thought I'd probably done well from having order cancelled as I could now double up all or most of my lovely points BUT when I spoke to the 'person' on chat they couldn't get their heads round what I was asking and when I checked my account they had given me back my nectar points as a voucher for £124.  Queue them then saying I needed to speak to Sainsbury's themselves to get the points put back on nectar rather than a voucher.  Yet again trying to speak to someone who's first language is not English and took 5 attemps to get my postcode right never mind my name.
No help there whatsoever - what on earth has happened to customer service?  Surely when I spend nectar points on an order that they don't fulfill I should receive nectar points back.
Apologies for the rant but this has really wound  me up this morning, its 11 a.m. and I've been at this since 9.30
Any tips/advice much appreciated.

Comments

• hackettblue
    Options
    Excuse the'queue' instead of cue - autocorrect fault!
  • adamp87
    adamp87 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nectar customer service is horrendous. Have you tried chatting to someone at Sainsbury’s to see if they can swap them back?

Might be worth complaining directly to Sainsbury’s formally as they run Nectar if you don’t get anywhere.
  • Ozzig
    Ozzig Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    The double-up is account specific, so if you noticed it in your Nectar app, ignore me.
    If you noticed it mentioned on here / other forums but not your Nectar app, keep the cash.
  • pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 640 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2023 at 6:15PM
    Options
    Firstly I will say that I completely understand your frustration and I would be incredibly annoyed in the same situation.

However, it is clear in Sainsbury's T&Cs that they will do this:

https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/terms-and-conditions/buying-online

10.10 You may convert your collected Nectar points into an evoucher to spend at sainsburys.co.uk/groceries in multiples of 500 points.

10.10.7 Once converted it is not possible to convert the evoucher back into Nectar points. The conversion cannot be cancelled or refunded. Nectar points will be deducted from your account and your balance updated immediately.

10.10.11 If, as a result of substitutions or unavailability we are unable to deliver your order in full and the value of your delivered order is less than the value of your Nectar evoucher we will credit your voucher wallet with an evoucher for the balance. This evoucher will appear in your voucher wallet as 'unused voucher balance' and will expire 12 months after creation. Customer Service voucher terms and conditions will apply to this voucher.

• General_Grant
    Options
    pumpkin89 said:
    Firstly I will say that I completely understand your frustration and I would be incredibly annoyed in the same situation.

However, it is clear in Sainsbury's T&Cs that they will do this:

https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/terms-and-conditions/buying-online

10.10 You may convert your collected Nectar points into an evoucher to spend at sainsburys.co.uk/groceries in multiples of 500 points.

10.10.7 Once converted it is not possible to convert the evoucher back into Nectar points. The conversion cannot be cancelled or refunded. Nectar points will be deducted from your account and your balance updated immediately.

10.10.11 If, as a result of substitutions or unavailability we are unable to deliver your order in full and the value of your delivered order is less than the value of your Nectar evoucher we will credit your voucher wallet with an evoucher for the balance. This evoucher will appear in your voucher wallet as 'unused voucher balance' and will expire 12 months after creation. Customer Service voucher terms and conditions will apply to this voucher.

I do not think it is clear that Sainsbury's would do this in the situation which the OP describes.  The OP did not convert the Nectar points into an evoucher.  It was Sainsbury's own decision to convert the points into an evoucher.  Clause 10.10.11 is when an evoucher has been used, not when Nectar points have been used.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    pumpkin89 said:

The hassle factor makes me think that the best strategy is to leave Sainsbos well alone. My mum is always raving about her account-specific deals but there are plenty of preferable options closer to me. The cashback at Asda accumulates fast, none of this points nonsense.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • pumpkin89
    Options
    I do not think it is clear that Sainsbury's would do this in the situation which the OP describes.  The OP did not convert the Nectar points into an evoucher.  It was Sainsbury's own decision to convert the points into an evoucher.  Clause 10.10.11 is when an evoucher has been used, not when Nectar points have been used.
    Clause 10.10 explains the way in which Nectar points can be used on Sainsbury's website.  It is not possible to spend Nectar points on there without converting them to an evoucher.
  • General_Grant
    Options
    pumpkin89 said:
    Clause 10.10 explains the way in which Nectar points can be used on Sainsbury's website.  It is not possible to spend Nectar points on there without converting them to an evoucher.
    Glad I don't shop online with Sainsbury's.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback