Beauty Christmas Crackers - Next

Options
I am no beauty expert but these crackers seem to be a special present to give and very good value.

There are different crackers; make-up, skin, pamper, rest/relax.

https://www.next.co.uk/g85269s1/k69692#k69692

Comments

• Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 19 November 2023 at 8:07PM
    Options
    I think the trouble with these, and beauty advent calendars is that the products are a bit generic / non specific and may not be appreciated - I love my beauty products, but having looked at the possible gifts in the crackers I'm not sure I'd want any of them!

Something to be given to those you have no idea what to buy... Unfortunately these gifts smack of desperation and are often given when you don't know the person that well really.

Would you buy one for yourself? Or be happy to receive it? I'd personally prefer a £1 bottle of radox shower gel.
  • lillylooloo
    Options
    Emmia said:
    I think the trouble with these, and beauty advent calendars is that the products are a bit generic / non specific and may not be appreciated - I love my beauty products, but having looked at the possible gifts in the crackers I'm not sure I'd want any of them!

Something to be given to those you have no idea what to buy... Unfortunately these gifts smack of desperation and are often given when you don't know the person that well really.

Would you buy one for yourself? Or be happy to receive it? I'd personally prefer a £1 bottle of radox shower gel.
    I agree emnia.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    It's a great bargain if you are 100% sure that the recipient will love and use all of the contents.
  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If not you may get them back next year?😂
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    MACKEM99 said:
    If not you may get them back next year?😂
    No, I wouldn't because I wouldn't buy in the first place.
    But it is still a bargain and would be a welcome gift if the recipient appreciates all the products.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,691 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 12 December 2023 at 10:18PM
    Options
    I get very tired of these headline claims, especially on beauty products such as advent calendars and other 'composite' offerings, that they are 'worth £[insert big number]'.

It may indeed accurately reflect the recommended selling prices of the products included, but what they are 'worth' can be a very different figure - and generally rather lower!

That said, several of the Next offerings (thanks OP!) look attractive, even if you would only use some of the products eg https://www.next.co.uk/style/LS413208/K69693#K69693

Or https://www.next.co.uk/style/LS413207/K69692#K69692 (plenty of full size items rather than tiny samples)

Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback