Cheap postage stamps

Options
An advert for55% off postage stamps keeps popping up on Facebook. It offers 80 2nd class stamps (barcoded) for £25.90. Is it safe to buy them? 

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,766 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You probably won’t know until you get to the post office and they refuse them as being fakes.

I sell stamps cheap on Facebook sometimes because I have a surplus but I don’t sell them that cheaply. If it seems too good to be true and all that……
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,049 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Makes me wonder why anyone would pay full price for something and then sell it on at a discount.  If they weren't barcoded and using non barcoded was ok then maybe in someone bought the stamps and 2p each and they're now worth £ so even at a discount they're making money.  

The fact that it's an ongoing advert on FB and they're barcoded makes me think they're counterfeit.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    NJBrown said:
    An advert for55% off postage stamps keeps popping up on Facebook. It offers 80 2nd class stamps (barcoded) for £25.90. Is it safe to buy them? 
    Perfectly safe to buy them. Just don't expect them to be valid for use!
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback