Does anyone have any experience with Dealmakers.co.uk?

Options
toby3210
toby3210 Posts: 43 Forumite
First Post
edited 16 November 2023 at 1:23PM in Boost your income
Does anyone have any experience with Dealmakers.co.uk? I got the option to enrol on a course costing several thousands of pounds but not sure whether it's a scam as they are being quite pushy on the time - I need to sign up this week for next year's batch. Happy to hear all thoughts good and bad before I make the decision. The guy who runs it seems quite legit though.

Comments

• CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 November 2023 at 1:44PM
    Options
    I've had a quick look at the website, I must say it sounds too good to be true.  Make a fortune without risking a penny of your own money?  What could possibly go wrong?
    You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true .....

toby3210 said:
    The guy who runs it seems quite legit though.
    The best con artists always seem legit, that's how they succeed.
    Have a look on Companies House, he seems to have had a whole string of directorships.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it just looks a bit odd to me:

toby3210 said:
    they are being quite pushy on the time - I need to sign up this week for next year's batch.
    Another classic sign of a scam, making you rush into things.
    I may be wrong - I hope I am - but if it were me I'd go out and buy a bargepole to not touch it with.

• toby3210
    Options
    Thanks Clive for your thoughts. I was on the fence, now I'm starting to get off it.
  • toby3210
    Options
    I hope you are wrong but it does seem too good to be true.
  • toby3210
    toby3210 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 16 November 2023 at 2:09PM
    Options
    If I was running something like this I would at least like to qualify candidates (e.g. they have relevant experience). If the entry requirement is simply the ability to pay, then this makes me a bit nervous / sceptical.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    • All payments are non-refundable, including, but not exclusively, part payments. There is no ‘money-back guarantee’ on this programme as your success is your responsibility!
    Enough said.

Unless you have a lot of funds you are prepared to lose, then I think you know the answer.
    Life in the slow lane
  • mark_cycling00
    Options
    I think "scam" is a bit harsh. 
    It's a course and you'll probably learn useful things relating to the topic. Whether you will ever use this info successfully is a different matter.

There's always a market for learning how to get rich. It used to be buy-to-let, then stocks and shares, crypto etc.

They attract the same type of people; dreamers, slightly desperate, gamblers, a bit inexperienced in life, 

The right sort of person to buy and sell businesses doesn't spend lots of money on a course. They're ruthless and opportunistic. They've been making deals since they were 12 years old. This probably isn't you right?

• MartaUK
    Options
    I agree with Mark, it is not exaclty 'scam', he probably is going to teach you a few things, but those things you can probably learn for free on YouTube - just look for something 'how to make money buying and selling businesses UK'. This dealbreakers site has also a free course - have you taken it? Is it any good?
    The string of directorships to is name may actually be a good sign in this case. It indeed looks like he is buying and selling businesses and not just teaching about that. But I bet his biggest income is from selling this course, so I would look elsewhere for learning. Even his website looks too flashy, more like The Sun newspaper rather than The Economist or The Guardian, if you know what I mean - more of a clickbait rather than something worth reading. Better forget about this course :smile:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback