Do you have car breakdown cover?

Options
Poll started 14 November 2023

If your car breaks down on the road, or won't start, your compulsory car insurance won't help – you need a specific breakdown policy. So this week, we want to know if you've got one, and if so, which provider it's with, how you bought it and how much you pay.

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Cashmygiro
    Cashmygiro Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 14 November 2023 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Yes I do. Full cover currently with AA. Only have to use it once for it to have paid for itself.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think the poll should ask if you have European cover, and coverage at home, and recovery to anywhere in the UK. These additional elements of cover significantly affect the cost, so my premium might appear expensive, but if I have all these extra elements of cover it might be cheap compared to another provider.  
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, ironically given I don't have a car, but its personal cover and comes packaged with something else
  • BobbinAlong
    Options
    Dumped the AA for my insurers' breakdown service. Saved money, even on three vehicles and included European cover which we needed for holidays. And the UK service was much better for the camper van towing a boat - AA didn't want to take boat when we broke down with them and were not very good with van as it was bigger than a car, insurer's company had no problems.
  • RichardInDorset
    Options
    Yes. With LV= as part of my car insurance now that the manufacturers warranty has expired.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback