🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mortgage after exchange (weird one)

Options
Zero-point
Zero-point Posts: 14 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 13 November 2023 at 10:57PM in Mortgages & endowments
Hi all, after mortgage approval and now at exchange it appears a new credit entry from PayPal credit has appeared with historical data showing missed payments I'm 2019, 2020,2021 are showing. This was not there when mortgage was applied for in May this year. 

Could this cause issues days away from completion if a check is done.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Possibly, each lender has their own protocol so no definitive answer.

You and your broker will have checked all your credit files, though, so not sure why it would have appeared now - unless all CRA's (Credit Reference Agencies) weren't checked, and that would have been a big oversight on both your and his side, due diligence and upfront confessions are always best to prevent hold ups further along the process.

If you can show your credit files are up together there's not really anything to be concerned about as that's what lenders see.

• Zero-point
    Options
    All CRAs were checked. As mentioned PayPal started sharing with CRA recently. 
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,782 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Who is the lender? 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all, after mortgage approval and now at exchange it appears a new credit entry from PayPal credit has appeared with historical data showing missed payments I'm 2019, 2020,2021 are showing. This was not there when mortgage was applied for in May this year.
    Is this accurate?

• Zero-point
    Options
    ACG said:
    Who is the lender? 
    It's with Barclays. 

To add we have cleared a previous mortgage of 20 years with no missed payments 
  • Zero-point
    Options
    MWT said:
    Is this accurate?

Do you mean the reporting from PayPal. The missed payments will be correct as their system to setup auto payments were so bad and convoluted. Nevertheless its an oversight on our part.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MWT said:
    Is this accurate?

Do you mean the reporting from PayPal. The missed payments will be correct as their system to setup auto payments were so bad and convoluted. Nevertheless its an oversight on our part.
    If the missed payments are accurate and you didn't previously tell your broker about them I would suggest doing that now so they can help you decide how to proceed.

• Zero-point
    Zero-point Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For anyone else who stumbles across this post. We completed ok and no further questions were asked. I believe another search was not carried out from what I can see before completion. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure