strange bank requirement before mortgage

2»

Comments

• user1977 said:
    user1977 said:
    Just clear it before completion, send solicitor the statement to show 0 balance, then spend on it again once completed.
    There's been no suggestion that the solicitors have been instructed to get involved with the condition (and they wouldn't normally).
    Mine did. They asked for a statement to show it cleared before completion as per the mortgage offer. That's why I suggested it and it's not uncommon for them to ensure the buyer complies with the condition.
    In the OP's case at least it's before or on completion, so no need for it to be done prior to completion - and I can't see any solicitor opting to get involved with paying off a client's credit card bill as a completion task.
    Obviously not suggesting the solicitor is going to pay it off, but they can refuse to complete if the client isn't complying with the mortgage conditions.
    The solicitor works for the lender also, so some do and will insist to see a statement prior to completion so OP should be prepared to clear it in case they do  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback