Sainsbury’s Christmas club card

Options
Verojoss
Verojoss Posts: 6 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 12 November 2023 at 9:34AM in Food shopping & groceries
Hi, to use the Sainsbury’s Christmas club as payment method online, it requests to enter the name on the card - there is no name on the card as it’s a club card and I’m struggling to register my card. 
Didn’t have that issue in previous years, I think it didn’t need the name then.
I have tried my name, Christmas club card etc but it keeps rejecting it. If you enter too many times, it blocks you from entering new card details for 24h
I have asked Sainsburys and they’ve referred my issue to the technical team… so more wait… and I have cash waiting to be spent on my card! 
Anyone else had the issue and solved it? 

Comments

• tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 November 2023 at 4:41AM
    Options
    The name fields aren't checked as part of card processing, so it's likely a glitch on the site

Try to use the manage your card page from here
    https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/products/christmas_club_card

Sainsbury's often have issues with their gift cards not being able to be applied, 
  • Watersider11
    Options
    I am trying to use a Sainsbury's Christmas Club card, that shows an expiry date of 01/03/2026, it has a balance of £525 on the card. 

According to the "careline" there is an issue on a number of cards where the system erroneously shows the card as expired. The proposed solution is to visit a store, get a replacement card and ask the store to transfer the balance over.

As an online shopper, this is inconvenient. But it gets worse, due to the enormity of the issue, finding a replacement card is like looking for rocking horse manure. The careline advice is to try more stores, they won't advise on stores that have supplies or post a card out to me.

I can't fault the care in store, I saw staff cringing with embarrassment, as I tried to remain cool. Even being told if I wanted to use expletives to do so.
  • frosted_north
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue. The website is accepting the card but when it comes to the store taking payment, it's being declined. The guy on the phone was unable to tell me why. There's £500 on the card.
  • Katera1955
    Options
    We have had huge problems with the Christmas Club Card...Argos card centre say it cannot be used to buy online and the stores don't recognise the card..our local Sainsbury is totally lost with this...but you can use it in their shop..Absolutely disgusting way to run a business...this is not on...
  • Katera1955
    Options
    After seven phone calls to Sainsbury/Argos helplines...knowone had the answer to my question...why we cannot purchase any goods online. It was not until we contacted Argos Card Centre when we were informed the card had not been set up to buy online..only in stores ie Sainsburys but not at Argos...the small print said otherwise as does the card itself.  I wonder how many customer are going to be very disappointed when they find their Chistmas Card Club is nothing more than a sham...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback