Amazon Warehouse

Options
Auntrice
Auntrice Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 8 November 2023 at 5:54PM in Shop but don't drop
I never knew about this until Martin's newsletter a few weeks ago. I have just purchase a what-look-like-new Alexa Show 8 2nd Gen, normally £110, for £55. Marvellous!

Comments

• DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What newsletter? How did you get it so cheap?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DigSunPap said:
    The weekly newsletter https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/ 

Amazon warehouse sell returned items, broken boxes etc at a cheaper price. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    have a look HERE.
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    DigSunPap said:
    The weekly newsletter https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/ 

Amazon warehouse sell returned items, broken boxes etc at a cheaper price. 
    Brilliant! Thanks this is great 
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had pretty good experiences with office equipment: a couple of items arrived broken / unusable but returns weren't an issue.

Like I said, this was office equipment and if we'd wanted identical laptop / monitor stands, keyboards, mice etc then we might have struggled. As it was, I've always felt that what suits you may not suit me, so variety was great!

What was sometimes annoying was trying to buy another 'one of them', as similar as possible to a previous 'one of them'. Rarely possible, so I'd have to start all over again.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    Auntrice said:
    I never knew about this until Martin's newsletter a few weeks ago. I have just purchase a what-look-like-new Alexa Show 8 2nd Gen, normally £110, for £55. Marvellous!
    Not from the Warehouse, but I bought an Echo Dot (which runs Alexa 5th gen) for something like £22 on Amazon Prime day. I never actually got to use it as it was delivered to my parent's home as I was working away that week, and Dad set it up. Then Mum decided she wanted one so I bought another 2, one for her and one for me.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • Miser1964
    Options
    Been buying from Amazon Warehouse for years, in all that time only returned a couple of items as broken/missing parts which were refunded without any quibble.

Warehouse Events where they reduce by a further 20%-30% are worth looking out for.
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 819 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had hit and miss experiences. Bean to cup coffee machine for £400 instead of £700 - looked brand new, still with stickers on was definitely a hit. Then a food processor that arrived with the wrong sized attachments that didn't fit in the bowl. Or maybe the bowl was wrong, difficult to tell! Yes there was a no quibble refund, but no collect from my home option at the time - I had to take it to a drop-off point, and they're big and heavy. 

I'm usually willing to take the risk, unless it's a pitiful saving or something I need ASAP - especially now they're better at picking up from my home. 
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All my Alexa devices are from the amazon warehouse I've had one or two other warehouse items one of which was broken when it was delivered so it was returned for a refund. I find it a way of getting items cheaper than the full price. My last item was an AV receiver that cost £239 rather than the £329 for the new item and it's still going strong 6 years on.
    Someone please tell me what money is
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure