Buy to let mortgage, getting black mark removed from credit report

We are trying to get a buy to let mortgage through a ltd company. Have a 25% deposit and the rental income is roughly twice what the mortgage payments are. 

We've hit a problem though in that my partner was paying her salary into the wrong account (joint account rather than her own) by mistake and her own account got depleted and a mortgage payment bounced. Within days of the bounce she made a double payment to the mortgage company. 

We are getting knocked back for the buy to let mortgage because of this though, both of us have 900+ credit scores. Never missed any other payment and plenty of equity in our personal property as well as a successful business making £150k+ net a year, 

Is there anyway of getting the mortgage company to remove this black mark? if so how? and how quickly? 

many thanks 

Comments

• Unlikely, as it's a factual marker. Nothing to stop you asking though.

And check all your credit files thoroughly for other issues. The pretend 900+ scores aren't a factor in lending. Lenders will be looking at how you manage your credit.
  • Iamdave
    Iamdave Posts: 146
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    yes its a nightmare as its a joint mortgage, but the credit marker is against me and not my partner. So theoretically we're thinking we can apply solely via my partner and add me later?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,616
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Iamdave said:
    yes its a nightmare as its a joint mortgage, but the credit marker is against me and not my partner. So theoretically we're thinking we can apply solely via my partner and add me later?
    Not if you are using a Ltd Co. The shareholders usually have to be guarantors.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback