MSE Poll: Are you planning on shopping in the Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday sales this year?

Options
Poll started 7 November 2023

Black Friday's no longer a just weekend of deals, with many retailers starting offers in early November and often running them through in to December. The event has got bigger and bigger, but the cost-of-living crisis has meant many having to cut their cloth accordingly. So we want to know if you're planning to shop in the Black Friday sales this year and, if so, how much you intend to spend?

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think that an important question was missed out in the poll - "Is the item(s) you are planning to buy in the Black Friday sale something you were planning to buy anyway?"
    In my case, the answer is Yes.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Stockie
    Stockie Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always buy xmas stuff in November to avoid the December rush/madness, the timing and (real terms) amount haven't really changed over the years and not because the November sales got rebranded to "Black Friday".
    My views and opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer(s) or anyone else
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,810 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LameWolf said:
    I think that an important question was missed out in the poll - "Is the item(s) you are planning to buy in the Black Friday sale something you were planning to buy anyway?"
    In my case, the answer is Yes.
    Agree, I have some items that I have held off purchasing to see if they do become available for less in the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales. 
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am planning on being organised and buying up all of my Christmas gifts on black friday this year
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback