WFH extra income help

Hello folks, I'm hoping I can pick your collective brains for ideas on how to go about finding some extra work I can do from home, preferably online. I am renovating my old, falling apart home, and thanks to having to unexpectedly replace my roof, I have no money for my kitchen and bathroom, so am living in an empty shell!  Thankfully it's a warm, dry empty shell, but still! On my current salary, affording the kitchen and bathroom is years away. I work full time as a shop manager, so I'm looking for work I can fit in around it, probably about 10 hours a week, that I can do online. I'm reasonably smart, with a good level of literacy. I have only worked in retail for the last 27 years, so I'm not sure what sort of work is out there, that won't need special qualifications. Does any one have any guidance they can offer? I will be extremely grateful. 

Comments

• ellenvan
    ellenvan Posts: 173
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The Boost your income board has lots of links to online surveys, mystery shopping etc,
    Might give you a few ideas.
    Also consider the competitions board on MSE - lots of entries stand a small chance of winning things that you can use or gift.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,214
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No contact details but I know of people who earn transcribing interviews, typing meeting minutes etc.  Quick turn around time is generally required and accuracy of course.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Brie said:
    No contact details but I know of people who earn transcribing interviews, typing meeting minutes etc.  Quick turn around time is generally required and accuracy of course.  
    Oh that sounds like an idea to look into! Thank you.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 9,920
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have a look at https://www.peopleperhour.com/

Check first if your current terms of employment permit you to have a second job - losing the one you've got won't help your finances!
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback