What do you think of Pay Weekly?

2»

Comments

• haikyu_143
    haikyu_143 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post
    Oh, I did not know that 13-15-% in the bank. But hell no, I did not pay for 39.9%. It was only around 15.9%. Maybe, it depends on the amount of the product and how long you pay for it.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 January at 4:33PM
    Oh, I did not know that 13-15-% in the bank. But hell no, I did not pay for 39.9%. It was only around 15.9%. Maybe, it depends on the amount of the product and how long you pay for it.
    The credit agreement will state exactly what the APR% is.  Are you sure that 15.9% is not the flat interest rate which would give a much higher APR ?

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    All of the comments were really helpful. Appreciate it. Just an update, I availed a TV, and pay it in fortnite. Friendly customer service, and I had to ask, one time, that there was a problem with my account, they just extended it, with no further explanations. Interests are reasonable.
    Do you work for these shockers by any chance?
  • Longwalker
    Longwalker Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 January at 12:57AM
    From their website
    Representative Example: Cost of Goods £1200, Deposit £50, Amount of Credit £1,150, Annual Fixed Interest Rate 34.04%, Monthly Payment £51.75, Term 36 months, Total Payable £1913.00, Representative 39.9% APR.

The APR will be the same across the board

Actually its worse, I clicked on apply here
  • haikyu_143
    First Post
    All of the comments were really helpful. Appreciate it. Just an update, I availed a TV, and pay it in fortnite. Friendly customer service, and I had to ask, one time, that there was a problem with my account, they just extended it, with no further explanations. Interests are reasonable.
    I wish I could. Lol. They seem so nice. For me, one of the best choice shop near me.
  • haikyu_143
    First Post
    From their website
    Representative Example: Cost of Goods £1200, Deposit £50, Amount of Credit £1,150, Annual Fixed Interest Rate 34.04%, Monthly Payment £51.75, Term 36 months, Total Payable £1913.00, Representative 39.9% APR.

I am not aware of that when I applied. I just simply called them and applied for it. So, maybe it's a case-to-case basis. 
  • Longwalker
    Longwalker Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    From their website

I am not aware of that when I applied. I just simply called them and applied for it. So, maybe it's a case-to-case basis. 
    This is why we at the start of this thread tried to dissuade you

Places like these are akin to going to a loan shark, you dont understand what an APR is, you just see the repayment a week figure

No its never a case by case basis. Thats the rate. It up to the consumer to learn what an APR means and work out the costs 
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh dear. That gushing sound is your money being flushed down the toilet. 
    I’d go for second hand if I’m not able to pay for anything up front.
    Try Facebook marketplace. I’ve just bought a slide and swing set for £30 and a full set of “better call Saul “ dvds for £25.
    This is the money savers’ website.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I wish I could. Lol. They seem so nice. For me, one of the best choice shop near me.
    I’m always at my most charming when people are giving me money.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure