Won spa day in September need advice

ehsangreat
ehsangreat Posts: 658
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 2 November 2023 at 2:04PM in Compers chat corner
Hi, I post on this form on 7th Oct I won spa competition with radio, and been told its worth over £500 and now there agent got in touch and what they offer me is only worth £149 I'm not being ungrateful but they told me same time
(you’ve won is valued at £500 or more, so as per our T&C’s you are unable to win another Bauer Media prize for the next 6 months)
Which is not right, 
:j:T:rotfl: BE HAPPY EVERYONE LIFE IS TOO SHORT :rotfl::T:j

Comments

• AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,533
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I would certainly go back and challenge (politely)
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,010
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi, I post on this form on 7th Oct I won spa competition with radio, and been told its worth over £500 and now there agent got in touch and what they offer me is only worth £149 I'm not being ungrateful but they told me same time
    (you’ve won is valued at £500 or more, so as per our T&C’s you are unable to win another Bauer Media prize for the next 6 months)
    Which is not right, 
    Have you looked on the Spa's own website? Maybe the Red Letter Days offering is massively cheaper than a direct booking if you didn't get it as a package.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,847
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2023 at 7:29PM
    They don't have to use the reduced price to decide the value especially if the higher price was in place when the competition was running but even so the £258 is still low compared to £500+ - as already stated it maybe more expensive going direct but having looked at one of the clubs in London (Chiswick) which I assume would be one of the more expensive, £500 still seems too high for something without an overnight stay and or meals

I don't enter Bauer comps for prizes valued at £500 or more (apart for cash)  unless it is something I really want and the value is somewhere about what I would have to pay to buy it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback