🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Orange stickers (reductions) in Lidl

Options
I commented yesterday that generally supermarkets and stores would put a reduction barcode sticker over the original barcode. I said that I would check today in my local Lidl this I have done.

I'm sorry but I can neither find my post nor other posts, indeed not even the thread.

Anyway just to honour my commitment ... I spoke to the manager in my Lidl, he was very helpful.

He explained that Lidl produce the reduction stickers the night before and that they have only one sticker per item, this combines the reduction information and barcode. They don't put it over the original barcode as generally the barcode is on the back and this sticker needs to be on the front to inform the customer. Some products have the barcode on the front and back and some have a 'stretched' barcode which is scannable on the front or back.

The main reason is one of efficiency and speed at checkout ... no underhand motives.

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well yes, it was hardly going to be the scam of the century, most things are easily explained away.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure