Support through Company/charity

Hi , hope this right place 

am looking to either take part or do what I can via other streams for the planet but wanted this forums knowledge or and advice plus below 

I thinking joining woodland trust via pay monthly membership- has anyone used and or Are they genuinely supporting wildlife? I don’t see much online or news about them and they have page which thru me off - legitimate interest policy ( would they use my name or use my details to promote? 

Anyone use kindred or heard of them am guessing there legit what they do if team up with O2 to save money and support sustainability and help the planet?? 

I been seeing other things like Nokia or Apple planting trees if you buy a particular phone or tablet- is this just marketing scandal ?

same with toilet paper- some companies will plant trees if you buy there brand 

Comments

• paul991
    paul991 Posts: 350
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    the ecosia search  engine say they plant a number of trees per user
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,238
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have been a member for a few years, and an occasional volunteer at one of their woodlands near me.

Their main thing is buying up lumps of land, then opening them to the public.  That's mostly woodland, but they will also buy up bits of farmland and re-wild them.  All their woodlands will have a management plan where they have worked out how to protect and improve them (e.g. by gradually felling conifer plantations and encouraging native trees to grow instead).

They also offer advice to private land-owners, and are usually giving away free tree seedlings to anyone who wants them.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • LightKnow
    LightKnow Posts: 252
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ectophile said:
    I have been a member for a few years, and an occasional volunteer at one of their woodlands near me.

Their main thing is buying up lumps of land, then opening them to the public.  That's mostly woodland, but they will also buy up bits of farmland and re-wild them.  All their woodlands will have a management plan where they have worked out how to protect and improve them (e.g. by gradually felling conifer plantations and encouraging native trees to grow instead).

They also offer advice to private land-owners, and are usually giving away free tree seedlings to anyone who wants them.
    Thank you for sharing, I have just signed up 😁 , I may also look into taking part too

Looking forward to getting my pack 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure