What do you think of Samsung RF23R62E3SR?

Options
Hi everyone. I'd like to ask your personal opinion (especially for those who got themselves a Samsung Fridge). I am planning to buy this Samsung Fridge (they call it modernized fridge) because we just got our house renovated. So, I am thinking if this is really true what I read online. It is a bit expensive, but where I will get it, I could buy it on a weekly payment plan basis.
My preference is Smart Fridge, spacious, electric saver and about 95 cm width to suits to my kitchen. I would really appreciate a truthful comment about the Samsung Fridge specifically this model:RF23R62E3SR

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What do you mean by "smart" and "electric saver"? 

The linked model is not a smart fridge/freezer, wouldn't be an issue for us but you've listed wanting it to be smart, and it's an energy consumption rating F which is the worst level available from most shops. 

French door type fridge freezers seem intrinsically less energy efficient with E being the best rating you can get. If you go for a side by side style instead C ratings are available 

We have a side by side setup but it's a separate fridge and freezer (60cm each) but they link so look like a single unit. The fridge has been very good in the 5 years so far but the freezer appears to have broken down 3 times (was diagnosed as unrepairable each time by Samsung engineer). Our problem is we got the actual SS finish rather than the Steel Effect and they discontinued that finish for our devices meaning they wanted to replace the freezer with a white unit and thus stopping it looking like a single unit. We've also found that the "door alarm" doesn't sound if the door is left 1mm open
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, I don't have that exact fridge, but I do have a very similar one. Our model is RL4363SBASL. Ours is a bit narrower (70cm vs 90cm) and lighter (83kg vs 134kg), but has a little less space (Fridge 303L vs 426L Freezer 154L vs 204L), but they are the same generation so I expect that they will have similar internal components. 

Ours is great. It's very large; it replaced a 90cm double door 'American' fridge freezer that had no more space inside it! Ours is plenty big enough for a small family. A larger family would probably benefit from the model you are considering.  
    It is very quiet; essentially silent. 
    The fridge section keeps the food very cold, and the freezer section seems to have no trouble keeping the food at -19C. 
    It seems very well built - the door hinges and handles see very strong. 
    It was quite heavy - it needed two men to bring it into the kitchen. A heavier fridge might be more of a problem. 

Just be aware that why you buy a new fridge you need to not plug it in for at least 2 hours after it has been moved into its final position. Turning it on before then can damage it and it invalidates the warranty.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ... We've also found that the "door alarm" doesn't sound if the door is left 1mm open
    We've not had that problem with our Samsung fridge. I find the alarm is very useful. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    tacpot12 said:
    ... We've also found that the "door alarm" doesn't sound if the door is left 1mm open
    We've not had that problem with our Samsung fridge. I find the alarm is very useful. 
    For us its possibly created a problem because we are reliant on the alarm that works 99.9% of the time.

Whilst the Samsung engineer wrote of the freezer for a defective autodefrost module for a 3rd time on the last time I am not convinced that it wasn't a case that the door was open a mm or so as unlike the previous times the freezer temp was circa 3C in the morning and the walls felt very cold whereas the two previous times the freezer was at 20C+ and the walls warm.

Does mean I've developed a habit of just nudging the doors as I walk past to ensure they're closed properly. 
  • haikyu_143
    Options
    What do you mean by "smart" and "electric saver"? 

The linked model is not a smart fridge/freezer, wouldn't be an issue for us but you've listed wanting it to be smart, and it's an energy consumption rating F which is the worst level available from most shops. 

French door type fridge freezers seem intrinsically less energy efficient with E being the best rating you can get. If you go for a side by side style instead C ratings are available 

We have a side by side setup but it's a separate fridge and freezer (60cm each) but they link so look like a single unit. The fridge has been very good in the 5 years so far but the freezer appears to have broken down 3 times (was diagnosed as unrepairable each time by Samsung engineer). Our problem is we got the actual SS finish rather than the Steel Effect and they discontinued that finish for our devices meaning they wanted to replace the freezer with a white unit and thus stopping it looking like a single unit. We've also found that the "door alarm" doesn't sound if the door is left 1mm open
    This is very helpful. I am not familiar with the rating, but now, I got at least a background of it. And sorry for my "not so" technical term. Haha. I have read this article about the Samsung Fridge that I mentioned, and I am now 90% of purchasing it, and already contacted the shop, and they offered me with weekly payment plan. That really suits me well. So, I have to check now the ratings of it. Again, thank you so much. :)
  • haikyu_143
    Options
    https://www.conway.tv/blogs/news/understanding-the-benefits-of-the-samsung-rf23r62e3sr-refrigerator-for-modern-lifestyles
    I know that sometimes it's hard to explain things because I am not so technical, but this is what model I am talking about and this is where I get the idea of getting this fridge. So, if you have other info that can help me decide to 100% of buying it, please comment it. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback