Bathroom Scales

Options
Can anyone recommend some electronic bathroom scales which are accurate, dont consume batteries like they're going out of fashion and durable.  Only want to weigh myself in Kg or lbs, dont need body fat monitors, bmi monitor , blue tooth wifi etc. Thanks

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I got cheap scales from Aldi a couple of years back - think they were about £15.  There are lots of bells and whistles if you can be asked to set them up but I just have to weigh myself and nothing more.  Maybe that's what's saving the battery - needs to be replace about once a year. 

Whether they are accurate or not I can't say as I have no way to compare them to anything else.  What I do know is that my weight is inching down, as is my waist so I am happy with what they are telling me.  And frankly I've never understood people who chart their weight changes so closely that they notice if they are up or down an ounce or two.  1 pound = a very large glass of water.  If I have a drink of water at 3 am and weigh myself at 7 am before doing anything my scales will show I've gained weight which I actually haven't. 

fyi - I have the scales set to show stones (which I don't really understand not having grown up in the UK) and pounds.  I keep an eye on the pounds going down and have the stone mark as 0 to give me something to aim for - in my mind it's easier to lose 14 pounds rather than 50 - hope that makes sense.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another vote for Aldi scales. I've had mine for a few years, never yet had to replace the batteries. I don't weigh myself every week which might be why.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,843 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been using these for several years now without having to change the battery
    Buy WeightWatchers Ultra Slim Glass Digital Bathroom Scale | Bathroom scales | Argos
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    carly said:
    Can anyone recommend some electronic bathroom scales which are accurate, dont consume batteries like they're going out of fashion and durable.  Only want to weigh myself in Kg or lbs, dont need body fat monitors, bmi monitor , blue tooth wifi etc. Thanks
    I have these scales and they do the job perfect for me. Never had an issue.
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8478823?clickPR=plp:1:45
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure