I have one creditor who is still insisting they will apply for a CCJ if we cannot come to an agreement over payments they want it paying off it 36 months, I had 48 months left and could not affrord payments its now defaulted, so cannot understand why they think I can clear it in a shorter time. It has taken since April for them to provide info on my CCA request happy to send them my payment request and what I can afford this is a sole debt in my name, A few questions
1. They have mentioned they will apply for a CCJ and a charging order at the same time, can they do this?
2. Thought they had to get CCJ first and if I don’t make payments then they can apply for a Charging order is this correct?
3. As my property is jointly owned is it correct a creditor will not be able to obtain a CO against me, they can only get what is called a restriction?
4. Other creditors I owe money to have agreed payment plans on what available income I have spare should I also mention this, as I have done pro rota payments?
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards