Mortgage offer during exchange - what’s the odds it’ll be pulled?

So I applied for a mortgage in April, all approved. The buyer had a whole load of legal issues that are now fixed so we assumed this would fall apart at one point (roughly May) and I increased my credit limit on one card (not a new credit card - no hard checks) to improve credit score after messing around with a credit score stimulator (didn’t think into it too much at the time and in hindsight this was very daft - I completely forgot until now). 

That’s an increase from £10,000 to £15,000 (small amount of total and income much higher - £160-£180k combine on the application at the time) - utilisation remains constant and all will be paid off on balances before completion. LTV of purchase is 90% - 10% deposit.

We’ve exchanged a week ago and will complete end of the week now. I believe funds have already been requested - it’s a mainstream high street vendor.

Affordability is otherwise the same - no increased spending. Utilisation remains low at 1-4%. 

Credit rating is the same as during the mortgage application and is ‘excellent’ on all CRAs.

Not using a broker. I have yet to find any post where an increase in credit limit of an existing card post mortgage offer has resulted in offer withdrawn. All I’ve seen is car finance causing withdrawal. I’ve had no hard search here, nor a new credit card opened.

The raised credit limit in May shouldn’t be a problem, should it? Could it be a problem? 

Am I just overthinking things?

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,389
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You are overthinking things. 
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,427
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    But just remember that score is a made up number. 
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 13,360
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    joehsaver said:

Yes. And even if you weren't, what are you going to do about it?
  • user1977 said:
    joehsaver said:

Yes. And even if you weren't, what are you going to do about it?
    I’ve a good working relationship with the seller now - I’d discuss with him if worst came to worst. There’s no upper or lower chain, but I suspect he’d want his fees covered and he used a solicitor so it’s relatively high.
  • amnblog said:
    You are overthinking things. 
    Thanks, it’s just my mind getting worried due to having just exchanged with a load of ‘what if…’ scenarios. On my last house I avoided changing anything credit wise etc and here I didn’t even think about it. I’m not using more credit at all, I think it’s just more a matter of I’ve no idea how the lender would react to it on a credit check - even though it means nothing affordability wise as I’m well within limits.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback