asda home grocery sub items & discount

Options
I know asda sub items for a similar or lower price but often the size of sub item is smaller but another question..... you buy a multi deal say 2 for £8, separate they are £6 each, asda sub 1 item and you return it to the driver, do you still get the other item for £4 or do they cancel the multi deal and you pay the £6? asda say on your bill you keep your discount but is that only if you keep the sub?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,962 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jonboy062 said:
    I know asda sub items for a similar or lower price but often the size of sub item is smaller but another question..... you buy a multi deal say 2 for £8, separate they are £6 each, asda sub 1 item and you return it to the driver, do you still get the other item for £4 or do they cancel the multi deal and you pay the £6? asda say on your bill you keep your discount but is that only if you keep the sub?
    Asda usually sub for similar or higher price when I get my shopping delivered but you pay the lower price of what you have ordered, if you ordered something for £1 and they sub it for something costing £3, you pay £1. 

If you send back one item on a 2 for £x the multi deal is cancelled as you have only purchased 1 instead of 2. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,374 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    IME you keep the multi deal price, but I've not been returning many multi buy subs, so perhaps I was lucky?
    Generally I find Asda is quite fair in dealing with me, and I've had unsolicited five pounds off next shop because of missing  / unsatisfactory items
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure