CCJ Whilst Bankrupt

Hi,

I went bankrupt last June and, having now been discharged, have looked up my credit report.

I found a CCJ I knew nothing about on there and have spoken to the company involved (a broadband supplier) stating that the CCJ shouldn't be there due to my bankruptcy.

They are refusing to speak to the OR about it, as they see there is no point...

Here's their response:
Dear Stuart,

Having discussed this with Management this is the conclusion of this case as it stands at the moment.

You had a broadband account with us from 27th February 2004 to 16th November 2004
you went bankrupt in June 2004 however you never informed us of this so we see that you are liable for costs incurred between the months of June – November 2004
Only once we receive payment for 5 months connection @ 35.49 per month = £ 212.94 will we satisfy the county court judgment.

We will not be speaking to the official receivers as there is no purpose of doing so.

Anyone got any idea where I stand on this?

Stu

Comments

• newfunk
    newfunk Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Did you list this debt/supplier on the bankruptcy forms?
    I would contact the OR, as I had an invoice from the tax man stating Id not paid my tax bill from 2002(when i was Unemployed) and fined me 3100..i just called The OR and he told me to send it in and ignore it...
    In this trusted place U can erase
    Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
    All the time U waste in that paper chase
    Is time better spent in these arms of mine
  • DigiGuru_2
    DigiGuru_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    There is a possiblity that I forgot about this one on the forms, as I had so many debts and this would have been one I would have likely forgotten as I didn't owe them money at the time (I was paying my bill every month)
  • newfunk
    newfunk Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    I would just make a call to the OR, they can sort it out for you.....When I went bankrupt, i had to list every debt I owed, even if I was paying the bill every month!!!
    In this trusted place U can erase
    Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
    All the time U waste in that paper chase
    Is time better spent in these arms of mine
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just tell the OR you found a debt you had completely forgotten about. I think that is all there is to it. You are highly unlikely to get that CCJ removed though as it is theorectically a valid entry on your credit record.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income