2 Year Fixed Mortgage Ends soon

Hi Guys,
My 2 year fixed Mortgage is coming to an end on 31/10/23.I tried to strike a deal for another 2 years,but it kept showing up ''You Can't Switch a shared Ownership Mortgage.Please Call us or Book an appointment to speak with a Mortgage Adviser.''
I Phone up several Times to find out what rate they would offer me and they mentioned for 2years,5years and 10years.The only thing is they ask me about my Income and they need to see 3 months Payslip.I have the Adviser that I will ring him up next week.
I changed my work hours from Full-time to Part time 6 Months ago.But I will Start Full-time from next year.
My Question is will the Bank give me a new deal.

Thanks 

Comments

• Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,425
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Which lender?
  • niros22
    niros22 Posts: 14
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lender is Halifax
  • niros22
    niros22 Posts: 14
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Edi81 said:
    Which lender?
    Lender is Halifax
  • Windofchange
    Windofchange Posts: 1,166
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They will in that you have debt with them so they will keep you on their books, but whether they will give you a new deal in terms of a new fixed rate will depend on your affordability by the looks of things. If you put your new take home into a mortgage calculator does it come out with what you need? They won’t care that you are going back to full time next year, they will care about the here and now. 
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,386
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 October 2023 at 6:55AM
    Most likely the APP will not let you switch without advice due to regulatory issues driven by your case being shared ownership.

Your Broker will sort this for you next week. Work changes should not be an issue.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback