Solicitor instructions

Hello all.

Where would I find a list of what is expected of a conveyancing solicitor in regards to meeting lender requirements and also are solicitor instructions basically the special conditions section of my mortgage offer?

Thanks 

Comments

• user1977
    user1977 Posts: 13,345
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You'll find the standard set of instructions used by almost all lenders here:

https://lendershandbook.ukfinance.org.uk/lenders-handbook/

(select your own lender for specific answers to many points).

We don't know what your special conditions say, they may change or add significant points or might not be things which your solicitor needs to deal with.

Did you have any specific concerns?
  • Just interested to know what the solicitor will look for throughout my application if im honest. I have read everything cover to cover even know my credit score by heart so wanted to read them too.

My special conditions only outlined the need for any adults living with me were to sign the consent to mortgage 
    Thanks 
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    There is no such thing as a credit score, its a made up number that differs from one agency to the next. None of the lenders I have worked for use it. They score you using their own system. 

Your special conditions are things that are usually outside the norm. So obtaining searches for things like flooding etc would be a normal condition of the mortgage. Clearing a credit card might be a special condition as its not relevant for everyone. 

I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • user1977
    Forumite

My special conditions only outlined the need for any adults living with me were to sign the consent to mortgage 

Which isn't "special" from the solicitor's point of view, that's a normal thing they'd have to do in any case.
  • user1977 said:

Which isn't "special" from the solicitor's point of view, that's a normal thing they'd have to do in any case.
    Oh right. Thanks for letting me know that. In that case I dint appear to have any other special instructions. Is that normal? 
  • user1977
    Forumite
    user1977 said:

Oh right. Thanks for letting me know that. In that case I dint appear to have any other special instructions. Is that normal? 
    Fairly. Would you like some? Depends who the lender is, some seem to put perfectly standard things under "special" instructions.
  • Just making sure I am doing all that I have to do :smile: think i am ok at the moment 

regards

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure