Temu, Shein, Wish Aliexpress

Options
I have had 3 non delivery items from eBay. I am getting fed up. Been searching the net for items and get these websites coming up very cheap. As eBay is just failing me want to try another source. What experience have you had with Temu, Shein, Wish Aliexpress.

Thanks 

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 October 2023 at 3:18AM
    Options
    Most of those have threads on MSE, most recently Temu. 

Never had a problem with Shein or Temu, not ordered from wish or aliexpress but if you search each one you should find threads. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did search Temu. A few odd comments but more on conversations about other things. I am still waiting for a refund from eBay so not going to buy anything just yet
  • sarah1972
    Options
    I did search Temu. A few odd comments but more on conversations about other things. I am still waiting for a refund from eBay so not going to buy anything just yet
    Latest one here x https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80117803#Comment_80117803
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I have had 3 non delivery items from eBay. I am getting fed up. Been searching the net for items and get these websites coming up very cheap. As eBay is just failing me want to try another source. What experience have you had with Temu, Shein, Wish Aliexpress.

Thanks 
    According to your other thread, you ordered from China via eBay.
    Do you have any reason to believe that things will be any different from the sellers you mention?
  • paul2louise
    Options
    Pollycat said:

Thanks 
    Do you have any reason to believe that things will be any different from the sellers you mention?
    I don't know, that's why I am asking. I think Temu offered a cashback if item didn't arrive in time. I have been waiting over a month for last item from eBay to arrive. I have asked them to step in and give me a refund but I have to wait until 22nd. That will be  6 weeks since I placed the original order
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Pollycat said:

Thanks 
    I don't know, that's why I am asking. I think Temu offered a cashback if item didn't arrive in time. I have been waiting over a month for last item from eBay to arrive. I have asked them to step in and give me a refund but I have to wait until 22nd. That will be  6 weeks since I placed the original order
    Temu give you £5 if items don’t arrive in time. But I’ve never had that happen. I placed an order on Wednesday and it’s due for delivery 18th - 25th 
  • paul2louise
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    Pollycat said:

Thanks 
    Temu give you £5 if items don’t arrive in time. But I’ve never had that happen. I placed an order on Wednesday and it’s due for delivery 18th - 25th 
    So u mean all your items have arrived in time, not Temu haven't paid. 
    I have tried to buy a replacement watch strap 3 times off eBay. First couple of  time "UK seller" then China. I ordered one for my OH and they sent the wrong one. 2 lots of screen protector haven't arrived. I started the order process back in August. My Garmin watch strap is hanging on with tape, screen protector chipped and scratched. Maybe Santa might bring me something in time for Christmas 🤣
  • sarah1972
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    Pollycat said:

Thanks 
    So u mean all your items have arrived in time, not Temu haven't paid. 
    I have tried to buy a replacement watch strap 3 times off eBay. First couple of  time "UK seller" then China. I ordered one for my OH and they sent the wrong one. 2 lots of screen protector haven't arrived. I started the order process back in August. My Garmin watch strap is hanging on with tape, screen protector chipped and scratched. Maybe Santa might bring me something in time for Christmas 🤣
    Yes sorry. Everything has always arrived on time. 
    🤣🤣 Santa needs to get his finger out before you lose your watch and then he will really have to fork out ❤️🤣
  • aliviagreen
    Options
    Aliexpress is a platform just like ebay, so you can have a range of experiences ranging from very bad to good. If you choose to buy from aliexpress, just make sure that you check the individual sellers rating as well as the individual products rating. Also check the product return policy, as some products have free returns which protects you if you receive someting that isn't as described. Aliexpress's resolution centre is really poor and will make buyers pay for return postage to china even if you receive something not as decribed or broken. As a last resort opening a chargeback with your bank is an option is aliexpress resolution fails you. Good luck
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ordered 6 shirts from Temu and 5 came within 6 days the last one is still in transit but has until the 24th to arrive plus they are better than AliExpress in that you mostly have to buy two or three sizes larger than your size for them to fit then it isn't certain that the size will be a perfect fit. 
    From what I've heard about wish a lot of their stuff isn't what they claim it to be, e.g. memory cards claiming to be 1Tb are actually 64Gb cards with a hack to say that they are 1Tb cards. 
    Someone please tell me what money is
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure