MSE poll: How do you rate your bank's app?

Options
Poll started 10 October 2023

If you access your current account via your bank’s app, please rate it. Only rate the app and its features, not the bank overall. If you have more than one current account, please rate for all apps you use (though don’t rate if you only have a bank’s app for savings, credit cards, mortgage or anything else).

Click here to vote in the poll.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks!

Comments

• Ian_Goldby
    Options
    I just wish Nationwide offered the ability to pay in a cheque through the app (by sending a photograph). Paying in cheques is a huge pain when your only free time to visit a bank in person is Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

The other major irritation is that for something as innocuous as changing a payee's reference (e.g. to include an invoice number) you have to go through the entire new payee authorisation process with the card reader and typing in strings of random digits. Can't they just use an authenticator app like everyone else?

I'll stick with Nationwide because they are a mutual, but...
  • kags
    kags Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only comment I would make about the usability of the NatWest app is that it’s great … as long as you don’t wear glasses and try to use the face recognition biometrics!  The facial recognition can’t cope with glasses, but when I take them off I can’t read the screen to read the instructions!  It was a nightmare … and even to disable it I had to use it one last time!
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have accounts with Halifax, Natwest and Monzo. And Monzo is by far the best, smooth running and a good service. Natwest probably the worst of the 3 for me. It feels outdated and not as easy to use.
  • Propertyphil
    Options
    This poll shows just how useless such polls are! The Lloyds App and the Halifax App report fundamentally different experiences but the Apps are identical. They are after all, the same company just with different logos, the app contents are copies.
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This poll shows just how useless such polls are! The Lloyds App and the Halifax App report fundamentally different experiences but the Apps are identical. They are after all, the same company just with different logos, the app contents are copies.
    I mean they are all similar in their functions, I would just say that it is the usability that differs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback