Can you help me figure out what best course of action is?

Hi all, posting here to hopefully help me get some clarity as I am a bit muddled! 

We have a residential mortgage on a 1.45% fixed rate until Jan 2025  Currently owe approx £275K, 16 years left to run, repayments at the moment £1508. House valued at 550K.

We also have a commercial interest only holiday let mortgage for £295,000 on a furnished holiday let month, the current mortgage cost is £765, but the fixed rate runs out next month and reverts to a SVR of 7.10% - other rates are looking at around 6.5% meaning whether we stick with current lender or revert to another payments are going increase by practically double to around £1500 per month. Just waiting on new figures form a mortgage broker. The FHL brings in an average 35k a year gross income before mortgage, cleaning, maintenance, utilities, advertising, other running costs etc. House valued at £500K. 

We have £6000 on a couple of credit cards, and a £3000 over draft.  We are going to pay those off using the savings below. 

We also have £125,000 in a high interest saving account earning 5.5%. 

Would we be better off paying down the interest only FHL mortgage next month with savings above or holding onto the savings to pay down our residential mortgage in 2025?

I've a approached a couple of financial advisors, but in the meantime I would love to have some MSE thoughts? 

Thank you 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure