Annual Leave Query

I wondered if anyone can help me with understanding my annual leave entitlement. I work full time (37.5 hours per week) over 4 days. My annual leave was 28 days but has been changed to 23 days, is this correct, my manager seemed unsure about the change when she made it. I understand 23 days would be the allowance for a 4 day week but does this still apply when I work full time hours? 

Comments

• housebuyer143
    housebuyer143 Posts: 3,152
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes, you will get 23 days, but each day is paid at your normal daily rate. 

I work 20 hours over 5 days, I get 35 days leave, exactly like the full timers, mine are however paid at 4 hours a day rather than 8
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,608
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    28 days of 5 day is 5.6 weeks.
     23 days of 4days is 5.75 weeks so you are gaining. 
  • EnPointe
    EnPointe Posts: 242
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    how many hours of annual leave  do you have. 

while often given in days ,  most payroll / T+A  systems  have leave in hours 
  • EnPointe said:

Is this correct because I have only been at over place that does it on hours and I have worked part time in a few places 
  • Plasticman
    Plasticman Posts: 2,504
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    EnPointe said:

Is this correct because I have only been at over place that does it on hours and I have worked part time in a few places 
    Bigger organisations usually work in hours for leave. Much easier to work out then when you have part time and flexible workers etc. 

So for the OP they get fewer days but the days are longer so the time off is (roughly) the same. Some organisations treat bank holidays differently for flexible workers too - avoiding the situation where you lose every bank holiday Monday because you work Tuesday - Friday for example. 
    If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson 1802
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback